Sunday, December 9, 2007

Let's Go Play in the Garden!

I did some hardscaping (stone steps, patio, pond and walls) this past spring for a couple that lives in Homewood. It was an exciting job for me and I was fortunate to be allowed to do some more work and help finish off the backyard landscaping this winter. Part of the enjoyment I've recieved working on this job has been the thoroughly engaging personality of this couple's son, Kyle. Kyle, age 5, has always seemed interested in what was going on in his backyard, asking questions and making suggestions. I love it! In fact, I sometimes feel like it's good to have a playful, childlike eye when deciding how a landscape might come together and maybe that's why I've enjoyed Kyle taking an interest in the landscape, so much. Well, a huge smile came over my face when I drove up to the job site and noticed that Kyle had placed hand written signs, in crayon, all over the garden. He had given each area of the yard a delightful name and I just had to share a few pictures with you. Sorry about the fuzzy photos...they don't do Kyle's art work justice.

PHOTO #1 - Stone steps leading to the garden
 

Posted by Picasa

PHOTO #2 - Kyle's first sign, signifying the beginning of the garden
 
Posted by Picasa

PHOTO #3 - Kyle has a sign on this red twig Japanese maple called, "Maple Garden"
 
Posted by Picasa

PHOTO #4 - The sign attached to the stone, pointing toward the pond: "Titanic Garden"
 
Posted by Picasa

PHOTO #5 - This is Kyle's favorite part of the garden...He calls it, "Garden Garden"
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: