Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A fall wall?

Do you feel the hint of fall in the air? I do! At least, I think I do. I hope it's not a mirage. As the summer winds down and footballs begin to penetrate the air, I find myself in the middle of a couple of projects. One is a stone mailbox and the other is a backyard stack wall. Here are some pictures of the wall I'm building. I'll be sure to provide photos of the finished project when I'm done. Photos of the mailbox are forthcoming.




PHOTO LEFT: Here's part of the wall I'm working on, including some of the tools of my trade (shovel, hand mattock, rubber mallet, small sledge hammer, rock hammer...level and chisel missing in photo).




PHOTO LEFT: One aspect of putting this wall together was removing the artificial segmented stones and redesigning the wall. The stone used is a mixture of various types of stone already on the property.

No comments: