Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Photos from Judy

The use of garden art, containers and well placed perennials
is a good way to soften stone work.(Click on the picture for a closer look)

About a couple or so years ago, I met Judy and Johnny about doing some work at the home they were building in Shelby county. I ended up building a wall around their parking pad area (actually, the wall came first) along with steps and a flagstone walkway. I also dug up some of Judy's plants from the home she previously lived in for her to plant at her new home. It wasn't long before I became keenly aware that Judy had a wonderful touch with plants...she's quite knowledgeable and has a great eye!

Judy was nice enough to send me some updated pictures of the work I did at their home along with all the landscaping she has done herself to make it all look so much nicer than it did those two years ago when I mortared in the first stones. I'm thrilled to see how she's made the whole area really flow. I hope you enjoy the pics and here is a link to see what it looked liked before Judy's eye took over - http://themanfromearth.blogspot.com/2008/01/stone-and-brick-can-work-together.html


A long, pretty drive leads up to Judy and Johnny's home.
This is the view from below the parking pad where I believe
I see some hosta, maidenhair fern, holly fern, nine bark and
several other interesting plants to go along with some nice
raised stone beds she installed herself (I'm sure with Johnny's
help, when he wasn't fishing)

No comments: